Tuesday 9 October 2012

Documents

Date: August 2008
Test Centre: Wallasey
Reason for fail: N/A

My previous post reminded me of something that happened a couple of years back.



I turned up at my pupil's house on test day to find him tearing his hair out. James had all his stuff together a few days earlier, then come the day itself, his license was just nowhere to be found. I spent about 45 minutes with James, trying to help him look.

James had a toddler son, and thought the license might have been picked up by tiny fingers. We looked in all the obvious places, and all sorts of obscure ones too. We looked in the fridge. In the washing machine. In the bins. Down the back of the sofa.

But eventually we had to admit defeat. I went home and James failed to turn up for his test. I didn't have the heart to charge him for my time. He did lose his test fee though.

At the test centre, an examiner would have walked out into the waiting room, called James' name out, got no response, waited for the mandatory five minutes, then gone back into the office and put the kettle on.

The license never was found. James had to apply for a replacement, and had to pay to rebook his test. Fortunately, he passed on that next attempt.

4 comments:

  1. This is an interesting way to remind yourself! I have been looking into north vancouver driving test and what I can do to make sure I pass! I love all the different ways people help themselves! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the it as have been there. Sometimes it just happens and we can't do much on it. Thank you for sharing your incident with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opsss… Someone really had hard time there, feel sorry for the guy but glad that he made it and got what he deserves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad to hear about bad experience James faced. Feeling bad for him but if things are kept well organized then he might have not faced these issues. Appreciate your kindness.

    ReplyDelete